As 2017 winds down, we’d like to share some important information to help the new year progress smoothly and productively.
Check out this free resource to find all the information students may need.
Upcoming Admission Deadlines
- Jan. 1 – FAFSA Priority Deadline
Students should complete the FAFSA by this date to be considered for the most types of financial aid possible.
- Jan. 15 – Admissions Scholarship Deadline
Students should complete their admission files by this deadline to be automatically considered for admissions scholarships. A complete admission file includes the online application and all supporting documents (transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, etc.).
- Feb. 1 – USF Scholarship Deadline
Students who wish to be considered for other university scholarships should submit a complete scholarship application by this date.
- March 1 – Final Application Deadline
This is the final deadline by which we will accept applications for Summer/Fall 2018 admission.
What is a Deferred Admission Decision?
Students often receive a letter from us with a “deferred decision.” What does this mean? The student is not a clear cut “admit” or “deny,” and we need more information to make a final decision.
Students should submit any additional information requested in the letter, which may include seventh-semester grades and updated ACT or SAT test scores. They will usually receive a final “admit” or “deny” decision from USF in early to mid-March.
New Rankings Announced
- USF Tampa has been recognized as the top public university for Latino student success by The Education Trust for eliminating the completion gap between Latino and white students.
- Education Dive named USF higher education’s “Institution of the Year” for using data analytics to eliminate the graduation rate gap between race, ethnicity and socioeconomic status, as well as improving student retention rates.
- In the recently announced 2018 U.S. News and World Report rankings of National Universities, USF jumped to No. 68 among public research institutions and No. 140 among all universities.
- USF was again named the top four-year public university in the country for student veterans by Military Times magazine.
Experience Bulls Country in Person
The Campus Visit Experience is a great way for all students (prospective and admitted) to see our sunny Tampa campus first-hand. This free event is offered Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and most Saturdays at 10 a.m. during the academic year.
We also will host Bulls Unite Day events, casual on-campus experiences exclusively for admitted students. It’s an opportunity for them to tour the campus and residence halls, meet with representatives from their intended majors and more.
If a campus visit isn’t possible, explore USF with our interactive virtual tour – anytime, anywhere.
Want to keep quick tabs on USF’s admissions deadlines? Download our handy deadline card!