The past academic year has proven to be yet another cycle of excitement, challenges, and change in the already complex world of college admission and counseling. At Fordham, we’re pleased to share that the past year for us was very successful. We owe much of that success to your support and the outstanding work that you do in finding students who are the right fit for our programs and campus communities.
As the fall term began, we welcomed more than 2200 students to both the Rose Hilland Lincoln Center campuses.The Class of 2022 is an exceptionally talented one. We attained an applicant pool of more than 46,100 and an acceptance rate of 46%. The mean GPA for enrolled students is 3.65 on a 4.0 scale. The Class also has a mean standardized test score of 1355 (+11 points over a year ago).
Additionally, the Class is notable for its geographic diversity with 64% of students enrolling from out of state, including representation from 47 states (including DC and Puerto Rico) and 41 countries. Students of color (domestic) and international students comprise 46% of the class. The diversity of our domestic students increased by 6% and international students declined slightly (9% of the class this year is international vs. 10% last cycle).
To start off the year, here are some highlights:
- Fordham will continue to use one application platform –The Common Application. We know from your feedback that a single option is helpful as you guide students and families through the college process.
- We’ve launched a new admission publication campaign. If you haven’t received copies of our new materials, please email me directly if you’d like to receive an updated counselor packet for your office.
- After many years of super-scoring the SAT only, starting with the fall 2019 cycle, we will also super-score the ACT in an effort to acknowledge student achievement across all test types.
- Fordham University will offer a new SAT/ACT test flexible application option for qualified overseas students applying for Fall 2019 admission, as extensive test cancellations and reductions in administrations have significantly limited the opportunities for students living outside the United States to complete standardized tests often required for U.S. university admission consideration. Please see our Application Requirements for International students page for additional details.
- We continue to offer Early Decision in addition to Early Action, Priority Performance, and Regular Decision options.
FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
- We won a National Science Foundation (NSF) grant which will allow us to offer a new Aspires scholarship to select STEM students from underrepresented populations with financial need.
- We will continue to provide financial aid packages to eligible students who are admitted and complete the filing process as follows:
- Early Decision - packages received with admission offer
- Early Action - packages sent to admitted students by the first week of February
- Regular Decision - packages sent to admitted students with decision or, if incomplete, soon after
For more information about filing deadlines, please visit our Financial Aid website.
WHAT’S NEW AT FORDHAM?
There are a few other exciting items of note at Fordham. Here are some highlights:
- We’ll be offering a new minor in Disability Studies and a new concentration in Process and Quality Analytics.
- We welcomed the University’s first Chief Diversity Officer to campus this past January. Learn more about Rafael Zapata.
- Our London Centre has moved into a newly renovated space in Clerkenwell. This is just one of 110 opportunities our students have to study abroad on six of the seven continents!
- We’re building a new Visitor Center/Office of Undergraduate Admission at our Lincoln Center campus, projected to open in April.
I have so much more to share with you, so please follow my blog, read our periodic Ram Mail for counselors and visit our counselor page often. I also encourage you to contact me directly, visit campus, or interact with members of our Undergraduate Admission team.
I, and the Undergraduate Admission team, look forward to working with you and your students in the coming year.
Patricia Peek, PhD
Dean of Undergraduate Admission
Lincoln Center Campus | 113 West 60th St. | New York, NY 10023 | 718-817-4000
Rose Hill Campus | 441 East Fordham Rd. | Bronx, NY 10458 | 718-817-4000